No
No votes

Total votes: 7

jbm32206
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

429 E. 3rd Street for July Make it Happen

Post by jbm32206 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:14 pm

The house at 429 East 3rd street is possibly the Make It Happen for July. Please vote yes/no

This is the nomination email:
Oscar is a guy who has lived in the hood for 30 something years. He takes care of his 35yr old down syndrom son who is the nicest guy you will ever meet, Oscar Jr. I try to help Oscar with money, food and supplies when I can but his house needs a lot of work. He is so grateful for what I have done for him that even at 67 with a bad heart he will go out and cut my grass to show his appreciation. He has a remarkable story of good times and bad times and lately mostly hard times. I think he would be a great candidate for SOS and I would gladly donate and volunteer. He would let you guys do whatever you like. He is literally grateful for anything. He is such a sweet guy. Even with all the bad that has happened to him he is the most cheerful person you will meet. He always looks at the bright side of life. I will send you a photo this wkd. His house is in desperate need of work. I feel so bad that anyone in America has to live like this. He does his best with his limited funds and he takes such good care of Oscar Jr. He is a really good dad.
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
Immanuel Kant

jmarkusic
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Re: 429 E. 3rd Street for July Make it Happen

Post by jmarkusic » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:32 pm

<gloria>

Nicole, that nomination email has to be included when you post on the other forums. It makes me tear up.

iloveionia
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Re: 429 E. 3rd Street for July Make it Happen

Post by iloveionia » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Yes of course.
Nicole Lopez

“One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.” A.A. Milne