Total Outstanding Rolling Fines

anything related to city politics, code enforcement and city rules

Moderator: Board Members

JaxUnicorn

Total Outstanding Rolling Fines

Post by JaxUnicorn » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:15 pm

The data is as of April 04, 2013.

Attached is a spreadsheet that lists 225 properties in the Springfield area (not necessarily the historic district) that have rolling fines. As of a year ago, there was OVER 49 MILLION DOLLARS IN ROLLING FINES! No wonder we can't move ahead...does the city really think they will collect these fees? Doubtful...
Attachments
Admin Fine Report (Springfield) through 04-04-2013.xlsx
(34.02 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
~Kim Pryor
"It is what it is...."

iloveionia
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Re: Total Outstanding Rolling Fines

Post by iloveionia » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:05 pm

Idiots.
I apparently owe $200k in fines.
One on a prop that closed with clear title five years ago and the other that is mothballed.

Dancy Terrace? Morons. Rolling fines have always been codes argument that it not economically salvageable to rehab.
Nicole Lopez

“One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.” A.A. Milne

JaxUnicorn

Post by JaxUnicorn » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:11 am

Nicole, did you add the year's worth of daily assessments since the report was pulled? :) The city will never collect that money...but MCCD keeps using rolling fines to say they generate revenue...
~Kim Pryor
"It is what it is...."

movedsouth
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Post by movedsouth » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:09 pm

hey. one guy paid $1,700!

Noone

Post by Noone » Sun May 04, 2014 12:19 pm

Someone just posted on Metrojacksonville about getting the fines on PS4 waived? maybe it was that Ord. that had money in it to get certain properties cleared. I know I'm vague on the legislation but I seem to recall something to that effect. I'm just guessing if that is how he is making these things happen. just wanted to give you Springfielders a heads up.

The same guy on MJ is going to go the the CRA/DIA meeting Wend. At 3 pm. 5/7/14 and now apparently open the Waterways. Have no idea who he is but if he is doing these things that has to be positive.