Moving to Jacksonville

Discussions about specific houses. Please use a new thread for each address.

Moderator: Board Members

woodster74

Moving to Jacksonville

Postby woodster74 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi

My family and I are in the process of moving to Jacksonville and were shocked to see the Travesty going on in the Springfield area pretending to be a restoration and revitalization program. Who got paid off allowing new homes to display a "SPAR" plaque? Sure it revitalization but at the cost of "Preserving" the historical value of the 100+-year-old homes being torn down? Someone please explain this as We are Horrified.

iloveionia
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Re: Moving to Jacksonville

Postby iloveionia » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:31 pm

Welcome and thanks for your interest in Springfield!
PSOS was created back in 2010 to prevent demolitions.
In essence we did indeed halt demolitions.
There are a lot of great restorations going on in Springfield and have been for years.

Regarding SPAR. They are the neighborhood organization and are focused on a number of neighborhood issues. The organization has changed greatly since we formed, changed for the positive. I am not sure what SPAR membership cost is. Folks (anyone) can buy a sign, which in essence shows support of the neighborhood and the activities SPAR hosts/supports.

Are you considering buying in Springfield? All of us here are extremely preservation minded and very familiar with our neighborhood homes.

Sorry for the late reply. Work took the best of me and I have needed much of the winter vacation I get to recoup!

Let me (or any of us) know what questions you may have.
Nicole Lopez

“One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.” A.A. Milne

Return to “Discussions about Houses”