111 East 6th Street

Moderator: Board Members

Debbie Thompson
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Re: 111 East 6th Street

Post by Debbie Thompson » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:18 pm

Ok, so after I saw Nicole's post about how many signs that would be, I got thinking of cost. Pine Castle makes the pickets for political signs, and I'll bet they are in full swing right now. Wonder how much they are? Can't be much. We could buy some. Then we'd have to figure out the sign printing process. To make it cost effective, it would have to be the same sign, and we could fill in the address and dates neatly with a thick magic marker.
Attachments
RIP.jpg
RIP.jpg (25.36 KiB) Viewed 1817 times

iloveionia
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Post by iloveionia » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:22 pm

Oooohhhhhh. Wow. How professional. I'm always willing to pony up. Even though I'm broke. Maybe we can get a business sponsor. Tax deduction once we are non profit.

karla
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Post by karla » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Hailing purchased some 'no panhandling' signs, they are the same size as political signs. She got $100 for ...? Maybe her hubby could ask how much and where?

jbm32206
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Post by jbm32206 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:45 am

I like that idea...
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
Immanuel Kant

Gloria
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Post by Gloria » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:48 am

Run with this Debbie. It is a fantastic idea. Let's see what kind of cost we are looking at.
"To create a little flower is the labour of ages" William Blake

Debbie Thompson
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Post by Debbie Thompson » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:05 pm

OK, I'll see what I can come up with.

BTW...as Joan posted on MySpringfield, the bulldozer that took this down didn't show up ahead of time. It appears they are on to us, and don't want us to know when they plan to take down a house, since it's such a powerful visual. So, it may be hard to catch demolitions. Everyone try to be ready. Have a camcorder, camera, or even a cell phone camera on you at all times. As you drive to work, try to drive by any house you know of with a green sign.

I guess we are going to have to drive up and down the streets looking for them and posting a list so we can get that coverage. We could each volunteer to drive by one close to our house every morning on the way to work.

We may have to set up a phone tree of people who can be available if a bulldozer is spotted to run stand there with a camera in hand. Some of us may see one, but not be able to stay and document the tear down.

movedsouth
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Post by movedsouth » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:26 pm

I think Hailing got the signs here: http://www.banditsigns.com/ Will ask her about it later.

Regarding the bulldozer race they have to the house: I think it makes more and more sense to move the green "demolition" signs around.... confuse them a bit and maybe slow them down?

JaxUnicorn

Post by JaxUnicorn » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:14 pm

This is just shameful.......... :(
~Kim Pryor
"It is what it is...."

Debbie Thompson
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Post by Debbie Thompson » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:46 pm

LOL....and then someone gets their breakfast interrupted by a bulldozer removing their dining room wall?

gryphoemia
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Post by gryphoemia » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Debbie Thompson wrote:LOL....and then someone gets their breakfast interrupted by a bulldozer removing their dining room wall?
city would have to pay for repairs, right? take that money out ov their demolition fund--the more houses they accidentally tear into, the fewer they can intentionally tear into, and a few people get their breakfast nook redone for their trouble.

sounds good to me.
i'm a solipsistic conspiracy theorist. i'm sure i must be up to something, and i will not stop until i find out what.
-randall munroe