House on 3rd St btw Hubbard & Market

Here you can discuss issues/concerns that may be code violations, in hopes that Preservation SOS can handle before reporting them to the city.

Moderator: Board Members

KarenK

House on 3rd St btw Hubbard & Market

Post by KarenK » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi again,

There is a one story yellow house on E 3rd St btw Hubbard and Mkt. There seems to be people living / working there but they always keep the curtains shut and only come / go at night. Not sure what the situation is... but they may either be working on the house w/o permit or squatting? Something to look into perhaps?

iloveionia
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Re: House on 3rd St btw Hubbard & Market

Post by iloveionia » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:16 pm

the house was listed for sale for sometime, and recently.
when i get home i can look on the mls to see its status.
personally, sounds like squatting. but that may not be a fair statement.
i'll post later.
Nicole Lopez

“One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.” A.A. Milne

iloveionia
Preservation SOS Member
Preservation SOS Member

Post by iloveionia » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:49 pm

If the address is 122 E. 3rd as I suspect. . . . .
The home was last listed in 2009 in the $129,000 range. It really is a lovely home inside, or was.
The bank foreclosed (One West,) and then sold it to Federal Home Mortgage Loan Corp. this all done/closed in July 2010.
It is not listed currently on the MLS.
I supposed it could have been sold, but not very likely, it would have been listed on the MLS.

I think it is a safe bet that they are squatters.
Call JSO.

And if I have the wrong address, send along the right one and I'll research proper. :-)
Nicole Lopez

“One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.” A.A. Milne

KarenK

Post by KarenK » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:23 am

wow - very interesting... I'll have to make a call.... I feel badly if I'm reporting someone who is rightfully there but it definitely seems very, very strange.